Graduate School Application- Non-Degree


Application for graduate school for a non-degree status


Receipt of the following credentials in the Graduate School office constitutes a complete application for graduate non-degree status.

1.) Apply Online 
2.) Application fee ($60.00)- This is a non-refundable fee payable with the online application.

3.) Lawful Permanent Residents or International Applicants Only

Applicants whose native language is not English, must submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) scores. If the TOEFL score is below 580 (paper-based test), 237 (computer-based test) or 92 (Internet-based test), the IELTS score is below 7.0 or the MELAB score is below 83, applicants may be required to complete English as a Second Language course(s).
Applicants who are graduates of English-speaking universities are not required to take the TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB.

4.) Pre-Registration Immunization Requirement Form
All applicants are required to submit a completed Pre-Registration Immunization Requirement Medical History Record to the Curry Health Center two weeks prior to registration. It is especially important that the immunization record be complete and accurate and validated by a health official.
**If you will be taking distance classes ONLY fill out the distance learner form and return it to The Graduate School to get your health hold removed.  If this form is submitted, the system will not allow you to register for on-campus classes.**

5.) Deadline - We highly recommend graduate non-degree applications be submitted prior to the first day of the semester. This allows applicants adequate time to submit a pre-registration immunization requirement form to the Curry Health Center, register for courses, finalize, and pay tuition/fees prior to late fee assessment.

Please note: The online graduate non-degree application is not available after the end of the first week of the term. After the second week of the term and prior to the end of the third week of the term, you must contact the Graduate School to fill out a paper application.

Was this helpful?
0% helpful - 1 review


Article ID: 63208
Fri 9/28/18 1:00 PM
Wed 10/3/18 2:45 PM