Payments FAQ

How do I make a payment for tuition?

Log into your cyberbear account.  To finalize go to Registration Bill to pay electronically by check or credit card.

If you are just making a payment on account go to Student Records select Account Summary by term.  Make payment on account electronically by check or credit card.

If you are paying in person, you can pay in Treasury located on the 2nd floor of Lommasson.

Can I pay with check or credit card at the Cashier or over the phone?

The cashiers only accept CASH payments for tuition and fees.  They accept cash, check or credit card payments for tutoring, transcripts, graduation, admission and miscellaneous fees.

You can pay tuition and fees by electronic check or credit card online at:

You can leave a check or credit card payment in a drop box located in Griz Central.  There are also drop boxes located outside each of the doors to Griz Central and outside to the left of the back main entrance to Griz Central (behind the parking ticket machine).  Be sure to include your name and ID number with the payment. If paying by credit card include the credit card number and expiration date.

We cannot accept payments by check over the phone.  We can accept credit card payments over the phone, but electronic payment in Cyberbear is preferred.

What are deferred payments?

The Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) is designed to give students an opportunity to pay tuition, mandatory fees, room and board in 4 payments. Students who are in good financial and academic standing may apply for this assistance. Students who owe the University money, have a history of payment difficulty and/or GPA below a 2.0 may be denied DPP. There is a $30.00 service fee for each semester used.  The $30 processing fee, any special fees, past due balances, Blue Cross Ins. etc. must be included with the first DPP installment. DPP must be approved and set up before you will be allowed to pay with a partial payment. Tuition, mandatory fees, room and board are the ONLY charges split into 4 installments.

How do I sign up for deferred payments?

Applications must be received 3 days before the deadline to pay your bill for the semester to avoid the loss of enrolled courses. DPP applications are accepted throughout the registration period each semester. Postmarks are not considered. As the remaining installments for each quarter become due, statements of account will be available on-line on Cyberbear. It is the responsibility of the student to notify Student Business Services of any name or billing address changes.

What are deferred payment due dates?

Autumn Payment Deadlines

  • The 1st payment is due by the deadline.
  • Second Payment due October 1.
  • Third Payment due November 1.
  • Fourth and Final Payment due December 1.

Spring Payment Deadlines

  • The 1st payment is due by the deadline.
  • Second Payment due March 1.
  • Third Payment due April 1.
  • Fourth and Final Payment due May 1.

Where do I mail my payment?

Student Accounts

Business Services

The University of Montana

32 Campus Drive #2304

Missoula, MT 59812

Can I just make a partial payment?

You can make a partial payment on your account.  You need to go to Account Summary in Cyberbear to make a partial payment.  If you have not finalized your bill for the semester a partial payment will not finalize your registration.  To finalize you must pay the amount due on the Registration Bill in full.

Where do I go to endorse a loan check?

The cashiers in Griz Central in the Lommasson Center


Was this helpful?
0% helpful - 2 reviews


Article ID: 63370
Tue 10/2/18 3:45 PM