Registration Information

How do I register?

You register on CyberBear.  If you need CyberBear login instructions, visit the instruction page.

Once you are logged into CyberBear, click the Student Services tab that will take you to your Profile Page. Under your profile picture there are a list of links; click the Registration link and choose the term you are trying to register for.

Click Register for Classes.  Once registration opens for the term, you can use an existing plan you may have created or choose courses one by one. You’ll be asked to select a term again and provide your advising PIN. If you don’t have your advising PIN, contact your advisor.  Undergraduate students must get a new advising PIN before registering for each Autumn and Spring term.

For more information on how to register for classes, please refer to the Register for Classes document.

When do I register?

Continuing and returning undergraduate students as well as new graduate students can either visit the registration timetable page or view your time ticket in CyberBear. 

To view your time ticket, log in to CyberBear and go to your Student Profile.  Change the semester to the term you plan to register for in the top left corner.  Your page will refresh.  Then, click Registration Notices.  Your time ticket will show “From” and “To” dates.  The “From” date/time is the earliest you can register.  

Registration for the first semester for new undergraduate students at UM or Missoula College are integrated with the freshman and transfer orientation programs offered through Undergraduate Admissions.

If you need further assistance, see the Registrar’s Office in Lommasson 201.

How do I petition to late register?

The Petition to Register & Pay After Deadline form is available to print from the Office of the Registrars forms page under Registration Forms.  It may also be picked up in person at the Registrar’s Office in Lommasson 201.  It must be signed by the student and instructors before submission.  Submit the form by noon on Thursday for review by the committee on Friday.  The committee usually meets weekly.

When can I begin registering?  

You may re-register during Pre-Registration according to your class & last name. Follow the link to find the Registration Timetable for all Students 

How do I change my name?

Students should visit the Registrar’s Office webpage for name changes.  A Name Change Form can be filled out at the Registrar’s Office in Lommasson 201.  You will need picture ID (state or gov’t issued).  Students unable to come in person may sign this form in front of a notary then send it to the Registrar’s Office for processing.

Where do I get CyberBear questions answered?

  • Registration Questions = Registrar’s Office
  • Billing Questions = Cashiers Counter
  • Faculty/Advisor Web = Registrar’s Office
  • Employee Web = Human Resources

Where can I get copies of documents from my student file?

Come to the Registrar’s Office in Lommasson 201 with a photo ID.  The Registrar’s Office only maintains academic records.  With the exception of a student’s transcript, academic records are purged after five years of the last semester on record. 

Please contact the Curry Health Center for immunization or health records, the Financial Aid Office for federal aid documents, or the Student Accounts Office for financial records.


Was this helpful?
0% helpful - 1 review


Article ID: 63435
Wed 10/3/18 1:33 PM
Tue 8/20/19 9:24 AM