Undergraduate Readmission 

Students previously enrolled at The University of Montana-Missoula who have interrupted their enrollment for 24 months or more must submit an application for readmission. Applications for readmission may be obtained from the Registrar's, Admissions, or Graduate School Offices.

Former undergraduate degree students who do not plan to change their status and who have attended another college/university since attending The University of Montana-Missoula, even if their absence from UM has been less than two years in duration, must submit college transcripts.

The application should be returned to Admissions one month before registration to avoid registration delays and late fees. Applications for readmission are accepted through the seventh class day of the semester for which you are applying.

  • Students who have only previously enrolled in Continuing Education courses must use the standard admissions application, available from Admissions and New Student Services.
  • Students applying to enroll as a graduate non-degree or graduate degree seeking student should contact the Graduate School for the proper paper work.

New or former students who are applying for readmission after an absence of 24 months or more must submit a Medical History Report to the Curry Health Center before registration can be permitted.

If you have any questions regarding the readmission process, please contact Admissions at 406-243-6266

Graduate Readmission

Students who are seeking readmission to graduate programs fall into one of two categories.

  1. You requested a leave of absence and are returning at the end of your approved leave. You will be readmitted by completing the readmission form. However, you will not be required to obtain departmental signatures on the form or pay the $20 readmission fee. You can register for classes 24 hours after we have updated your student records file.
  2. You have not maintained continuous registration. You must complete a Readmission Form and pay a $20 Graduate School application fee. If you have been out of school for 24 months or more, you must also complete a Pre-Registration Immunization Requirement Form.

If your graduate program is willing to recommend readmission, you must meet with your program adviser and develop a plan and time-line for completing your graduate work. You will be readmitted to the Graduate School only when your program plans are approved by the Dean.

In an attempt to discourage students from stepping out of their programs without an approved leave of absence, the Graduate Council established a policy that readmitted students may be required to register for up to four credits not taken under continuous registration or additional terminal credits in their final term.

See more information in the Graduate Nondegree Readmission section.


With PDF forms, you can fill in the form online and print.


Was this helpful?
0 reviews


Article ID: 63445
Wed 10/3/18 3:10 PM